Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Danao Lake, Camotes Island

The last stop of our Camotes Island tour was at Lake Danao Park. At first I am not that impressed as the area was somewhat the same with the swampy area near our home. But when I've seen how vast this body of water was, I changed my mind. Approximately, it was ten times larger than the swamp at the back of our home. This can be the home of crocodiles, huge snakes and nasty fresh water species.


The park management offered a boat ride for only 500 pesos an hour. The boat could have accommodate up to 20 persons. We wanted to ride together and enjoy the scenery throughout the lake at the same time. Unfortunately the boat needed some repair and was not available. So all we could do was to pose over it for another perfect photo at it's docking area. Sayang!!!


The boat ride was 200 pesos per hour and was good for four persons. We enjoyed the boat ride and were very obvious on the faces of the riders below. The problem was they did not know how to keep it moving and how to manage it to reach their desired destination. So they end up circling around over and over again. But I guess that made their journey more memorable. They found it funny to discover how stupid their boat was. Haha!!


Another group was set to sail. Their boat performed better than the first above. They managed to get to the middle of the lake but then they find it hard, stressful and tiring. So they decided not to go far because their arms and shoulders were not ready yet for the challenge.


The kayak was only 50 pesos per hour. This was five times or more cheaper than the prevailing market price anywhere that I've been too. So we were very happy with the price. My father started telling his past adventures when he was still a fisherman. He then showed us how great he was in rowing his kayak. Sailing looked simple and easy to him. Good job, Father!


"Like father, like son".  My brother also put up a show. He was sick during our travel but then he also wanted us to see that he can row the kayak as fast as our father. His energy soared up and he was rowing his kayak farther that everyone can go. My father did not go far because he was conscious about his sugar level. The guides were all over him seeing that he was already a senior citizen. At first, my father challenged them and when he was satisfied with his performance he returned to the docking area and relaxed.




I decided to go with the children. They are very happy when I choose them in my boat. At first, they thought that they will not be able to ride because of their age. But when I told them that they can go with me because I trust them since they know how to swim, they automatically picked up their life jackets and chose our boat. They smiled at their mothers who trust me enough to allow their children to go with me. This was my favorite part of the trip.




We were able to maneuver our way to wherever we wanted. I am the captain with obedient and competent crews. We imagined ourselves to be pirates with a mission. I was a child again. We did try to chase my brother and the children were all eager to help me. But then he was so fast and went so far that we get tired of rowing. Time was up and we all headed back to the docking area.



We enjoyed Lake Danao. We had so much fun. And then we asked the guide on how deep was the water. He told us that the water was about 15 to 25 feet deep. My sisters were shocked and exclaimed that if they had known it they will never ride the boat. What if the boat had sink and what if they saw crocodiles and snakes during the ride. But then all was done and over. Haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment