Monday, February 2, 2015

Manok Bisaya sa Timubo Cave


I will not end my blog about Timubo Cave without mentioning the "manok bisaya". They offered fried chicken or chicken tinola to visitors. And so far it was the most delicious food that I ever tasted. You may think that I am bias. Yes I am but with good reasons.


I will encourage the readers to come and taste the native chicken soup or the fried chicken that they are selling. You can ask the person in-charge of the cave's entrance on how to order. We even dream of going back just for it.






You need to order it before enjoying the lake inside the cave. They will only capture the chicken once an order is received. In our case, we need to wait for a very long time. So while waiting, this wonderful goat was entertaining us. Best friend Dogie too, was putting up a show.



Unfortunately they were not ready to pack should you want to bring it home. In our case, we bought the pail that they were using so that we can bring the food. It actually became an issue so I was not able to take some photo on the pail where the soup was stored. It should have been a funny one since we covered it with banana leaves. And if we had not been careful, the soup would have burned us all.




Time to say goodbye... Who would have thought that there is a cave in that area?


No comments:

Post a Comment