Friday, March 27, 2015

Discovering Boracay's 'D Mall


On our second day we decided to explore 'D Mall. From Station 3 you can ride a tricycle for twenty pesos per head or you can walk to the main road and from there you will only have to pay ten pesos per head. We had no idea where to go and we just told the driver that we were heading to 'D Mall and the good man dropped us in this place. He pointed to us the blue sign board and upon seeing it we happily went for it.


We were expecting to see a large building with various restaurants and shopping centers inside but then we were wrong. What we saw were lines of shops and restaurants on each side of a street called 'D Mall avenue. This set up reminded me of Singapore (the set-up of shops along the street) but this one ended on the beach.





We roamed around trying to look for some restaurants that I read from the blogs. There were lot of corners along the 'D Mall avenue that was why I ended up asking people around. The mall was clean and energy friendly since no air-conditioner were needed. This could be the cheapest mall when it comes to maintenance and should be the easiest to maintain too. But we may not enjoy shopping here on rainy days.



This stall below caught my attention. What a funny name for a food shop. If only I was a fan of burgers then I would be buying one and took a selfie with my biggest bite right in front of this shop. I would be the proud hungry monkey on the mood for exotic food trip. Haha, so business names should be this creative to attract more customers. Well done!!


Another shop that triggered my curiosity was the "yellow submarine". I wander what was inside. The store was still close when we passed it. It opens at 10 am just in case you are interested to try. Hopefully they will not let you eat while wearing that yellow suit.




Along the street was a restroom. I took a photo because this is important to all visitors.


I also took a photo of what was inside.



There were waiting areas in between the street, where shoppers can rest and kill time.



There were also playground where children can play. But it seemed that they were more interested in the beach rather than stay here. I cannot blame them because I, too, would prefer the beach. We will just have to wander a little bit to satisfy our curiosity. 



Finally, we saw Thor in the corner. He is in Boracay too and we were lucky to have a photo taken with him.






No comments:

Post a Comment