Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Sunset of Boracay Island



One of my wishes finally came true. A sunset beyond the seas! I failed to see it in Camotes because I never knew that it will. Before going to Boracay, I checked and confirmed it in the blogs that I read. Can you imagine how happy, inspired and excited I was? That is why I am making sure that I will not miss the opportunity by making it part of our itinerary. All my life, I am looking forward for it. Thanks God! This is it!!





On our first day, we were busy looking for the d' Talipapa for our very first family dinner on the island so we were not able to see it yet. It rained on the second day so the thought of missing it again started to torture me again. I prayed for a good weather during the third day since it was our last afternoon in the island. Prayers heard and at exactly five o'clock in the afternoon we started walking on the beach together with the other visitors who were also waiting for the sun to set.



During this time, the sun's rays were not painful anymore but it could still irritates our eyes. Since the sun was facing the beach, there were no shades from the trees were we can retreat. But we found refuge on the shadows from the sailboats used in paraw sailing parked on the beach. For a moment, we were happy with our new found shield but then the paraw boats get hired and left us exposed to the sunlight again.



The beach was splendid. There was no need for us to adjust our cameras to make our pictures beautiful. But I still wish that I am good on photography. Someday I should try to study and improve my photos to make my blogs more presentable.


My father too sits on the sand for a souvenir photo. Coco palms along the white beach was a perfect background. Now there are two places that he wanted to visit all over again. Before he only mentioned Baguio City. The beauty of Boracay Island is beyond comparison so loving this island is beyond control.


Every minute, the sunlight weakens and the color changed. The sun started to set and we were sitting down there celebrating the blissful afternoon. Seeing and admiring it with my loved ones, was my wishes and it came true that day. I was more delighted because it made them happy too.



This natural phenomenon happens everyday and it's beauty differ depending on where you are. I love it when the sun sets over those mountains crowned with bamboo trees. I love seeing it too beyond the endless rice fields and hills. Sunset is very special event to me but I am not seeing it everyday anymore.



The sailboats were blocking our line of sights. But the combination was still grand, splendid and glorious to look at. There were so many tourists on the beach. Most of us were taking photos and enjoying this sunset at the same time. This is a proof that God loves us so much because at the end of each day He shows us the sunset to make us smile, to remove our stress and to make us hope for a brighter tomorrow.


That small clouds just above the blue water spiced up the sight. The drama was witnessing the sunset twice on that day. Firstly, it completely covers the sun and then slowly the sun shows up again. Secondly, was when the sun fully sinks yonder the horizon.


After the sunset, the people started leaving the beach and walk towards the bars and restaurant for dinner and partying. Some remained with us to play with the sand and enjoy the little sunlight left.


I was beyond happy. This is joy! I will be back again. I will enjoy this sunset again.


No comments:

Post a Comment