Saturday, March 7, 2015

Yay, Off to Boracay Island!!

Boracay Island is the no. 1 beach of the world and is located in my country, Philippines! Yes, that is how lucky I am but unfortunately this is just my first time to visit the island. Imagine in my three and a half decade life, I've never been there. I only saw it on TV, read about it in newspapers/internet and heared it from almost everyone.




Now is the perfect time to see the island myself. Together with my family, my sisters and my father specifically, we boarded the Cebu Pacific's plane at Mactan International Airport. We were not able to avail the peso fare promo because the original plan was to go somewhere nearer. When my plan backfires, I crossed my fingers and go for it. At first, I am not sure if I can afford it but the tight budget that I implemented on my daily spending is working so here we are.


Our flight was suppose to be at 10 o'clock but then they only boarded us on the plane that was on standby for more than an hour, I guess. The captain told us that he was waiting for a go signal from the Kalibo Airport to fly in. He further explained that Kalibo Airport could only accommodate three planes at a time. We got hungry and the flight attendant started selling food but we were on budget, OMG! We did bought some snacks because of the two children we were with. Can this be part of their marketing strategy? Just thinking...



The first thing we did upon our arrival at Kalibo Airport was to find a restaurant or an eatery. Whatever as long as there were food to eat. We end up at Bagobos Resto Grill just across the airport. I will tell more about it in a separate blog.


While we were dining, agents kept on dealing with us. They offered transport fees from the airport to Boracay at Php250.00 per head. We checked around and another group was able to close the deal with them at Php175.00 per head but this is up to Caticlan Jetty Port only. Their group is bigger than us so we agreed at Php200.00 per head for adult but the child was free of charge. The perks was that the V-hire will depart immediately even if not full.


The ride took us about an hour and half. At the Caticlan Jetty Port, we paid Php25.00 per head for the boat fare but we also paid terminal fee of Php100 per head, environmental fee of Php75.00 per head. The terminal fee was quite high and was very disappointing.


The boat ride was very short, about ten minutes. The tip of the island was so near from the main island. But the water in between was rough even in a sunny noon. But the sight of the two shores lessen all our worries. From the port, we took a tricycle ride to the white beach.




Finally, we are here!!! Seeing the breathtaking shores of the island is worth all the hassles and the long travel we had for that day. Another day to be thankful to the Almighty Father from keeping us safe! Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment