Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Late Prony!

Prony was a giant snake weighted 280 kg. and 23 ft. long. It died last August 2013.



I insisted that visiting Prony should be part of our itenirary. Prony was the largest captured snake alive in the whole world during that time. I do not like to see snakes and in fact I am afraid of them. But my instinct told me that the boys would like to see . Boys enjoyed weird and incredible experiences and a close encounter with this monster would quench such hunger.

But to my surprise, it were the ladies who were brave enough to get inside the cage and took a closer encounter with the beast. Great risks were taken just for the sake of few shots for photos. As much as I wanted to stop them from doing that, I too admired their guts and they both gained my respect. The staff, too, convince them that it was harmless. Seeing plenty of humans got in and out from the cage safely was enough assurance on my part.





Prony has been sleeping quietly with its body forming a imperfect circle while the head was hidden somewhere. But when our ladies entered the cage, the snake started to move with it's head emerging slowly as if smelling some good food to eat. The ladies were startled and moved farther away in a corner as we, too, started to hold our breath. The staff immediately stayed closer to the snake so the ladies hurriedly requested for a quick picture taking. And then they went out of the cage cautiously but feeling victorious.

One of my nephew hurriedly get inside too and again photos were taken as swift as possible. The thought of having a picture with Prony, something that they can show off to their friends in facebook, pushed their fears to the limit.



It was a relief on our part when we were united again with the ladies. We joked that they were so yummy and fatty that they were able to awake Prony from its deep sleep. They both confessed that they were so afraid but the opportunity was there and they just have to grab it. I was so proud of their bravery. Seeing them conquering their greatest fear, fulfilling a daunting task and celebrating their victory after; lifted up my hopes too that someday they can survive the world on their own.



No comments:

Post a Comment