Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Baclayon Church

We also visited the Baclayon Church, used to be the oldest church in the Philippines. I am not sure about it's current condition after it was devastated by a terror earthquake last October 15, 2014. Looking back let me show you some family photos we had with this church.




The tour guide told us that just above the door is the image of Mama Mary with Baby Child Jesus. I am not sure if you can see it there. And because of that we have this photo taken right on this very spot. I was wondering that maybe the reason why they were not repainting the walls were this belief. Who will dare to cover those believe to be images with coat saver?




Another image too can be seen on the wall at our back. It shows the face of a Spanish friar "Father Pio". It's amazing how we could recognize some images on these old walls. The power of our imagination combined with our faith that this solemn place is the home of the Holy People is the reason why we can form this images in our mind and our brain will visualize it for our eyes to see. That is why all things are possible if you will just believe. It is not that I don't believe or even consider such fact but I appreciate more if each one of us can paint it in our hearts.



Of course, we got inside the church, lighted some candles and said our prayers. The church museum was close during that time. It undergone some renovations. The church was old and no wonder it was not able to contain the tremor and shaking last year.

The church was in the period of celebrating lent just like today. And that makes me realized that I am posting a blog that happens exactly two years ago. Time runs so fast while moment is too short. I am so glad that they invented the camera. At least we have a choice to preserve some precious moments and share it to others. Who invented the camera then? Let me know so that I can send him/her a thank you note.






No comments:

Post a Comment